So, come on people, HOW do I change my trackitude and learn to LOVE going there for a run, rather than having to psych myself up to even get there? It is definitely a love/hate relationship. Ok, let’s look at the positive aspects of running at the school’s track:
- It is accurate in terms of distance and speed (now that I’ve got my trusty Garmin)
- There is no traffic or lights to have to stop at
- No pedestrians to avoid (or motorbikes on the pavement coming straight at you)
- Most of the time I have got it all to myself
- It is 300 metres from my apartment
- I feel amazing at the end of a workout at the track
- It is kind of (ok, sometimes, very) monotonous. Akin to an outside treadmill?
- It is synonymous with speedwork (or attempting speedwork on some days)
- Sometimes there are some awkward moments when others are on the track and I attempt some ‘excellent’, mid-running Chinglish.