Thank you for the nomination for the Liebster Award Kristina! (http://www.blogaboutrunning.com/lets-play-10-questions//). This seems a great way to find out more about each other and about different bloggers. Thanks for nominating me! The rules state that if nominated you have to name 10 other bloggers, then post your own 10 questions, after having answered the 10 questions posed to you by the blogger who nominated you. (Then notify YOUR 10 bloggers you have nominated.)
(The Liebster Award Rules
1.) You must link back to the person who nominated you
2.) You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3.) You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
4.) You must create 10 questions for your nominees
5.) You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees)
So, here goes. Here are my answers to Kristina’s questions:
1. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and who would you bring with you?
Bali! And I would take the gorgeous Anne-Marie Molloy.
2. What was the name of your first pet, and how did you come up with it?
Amber. It was a guinea pig. I think the name arose from me having a Care Bear called Princess Amber.
3. If you could run with any one person at your next race, who would it be and why?
My Dad, as we never got to run in a race together.
4. If the fire alarm in your house goes off, which three things do you take with you as you run out of the house?
Husband, Puppy, handbag (filled with passports and wallet – I carry it kind of OCD-ly over here, lol).
5. Where did you go on your honeymoon (or where did you go on your favorite vacation)?
We had TWO weddings so we had TWO honeymoons! The first was in Melbourne, Australia, just after New Year’s Day in 2012, and the second was in beautiful Bali and Malaysia, in May and June 2012.
6. What is your favorite beverage? Alcoholic or nonalcoholic.
Nonalcoholic: Coffee. Alcoholic: WINE! J
7. What is your absolute favorite TV show of all time?
Hmm, tough one. Don’t really watch TV these days. But, back in the day (a long time ago), I LOVED Friends, haha. Oh, and Neighbours, of course. Who am I kidding?! Neighbours (that classic Aussie soap) is the answer to this, hands down.
8. What is your favorite cross training activity?
Cycling or hiking outside. Used to be Bodypump classes or a spinning class but haven’t done one of these since coming to China. I miss them!
9. Are you hoping to PR at any distances this year? Which ones?
Yes, I am hoping to PR at the Gold Coast half marathon on 6th July. My last half I ran in 1:35, so I am aiming to get closer to 1:30 (not sure I can do it, and that’s ok if I don’t.)
10. If you had to give up one of your senses (hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting, feeling) which would it be and why?
Good, hard question! Hmmm, that is really hard! I like all of them, haha… Maybe hearing? As I could learn to communicate in other ways and music I could still ‘hear’ vibrationally if I turned it up really loud (saw a film about a DJ who went deaf but could still DJ by doing this, hope it’s true). Definitely couldn’t give up tasting/smelling, seeing or touching! (And hope I never have to…)
So, without further ado, here are the 10 bloggers who I nominate for the Liebster Award:
1) Kristina at http://www.blogaboutrunning.com/ (back at ya Kristina!)
2) Michelle at http://www.ahealthymrs.com/
3) David at http://captainspeedypants.blogspot.fr/
4) Amy at http://runwritehike.com/
5) Karen at http://runnergirleats.com/
6) Amanda at http://www.runningwithspoons.com/
7) Sara at http://www.lovingontherun.com/
8) Aimee at http://www.funfitgirl.com/
9) Gina at http://fitnessista.com/
10) Richard at http://runningschlub.blogspot.com/
Your questions are:
- Do you remember why you started running, and when this was?
- What’s your favourite post workout meal or snack?
- If you could rewind to any age or point in time right now, what would it be?
- Do you have a favourite song? Or top 3?
- Party drugs in your youth – yay or nay?
- What is your biggest fitness motivation?
- Ever not quite feel real?
- What 3 things bring you the most joy in life?
- Ever try any crazy 'fad' diet, such as Atkins, the baby food diet etc.?
- What’s your biggest goal that you are working on right now?
Enjoy your questions fellow bloggers, and feel free to answer them even if I you’re not nominated – I would love to hear your responses!