I would love to be able to tell you how long my run took me this morning, but unfortunately my Garmin ran out of power when I was about 2 kms away from home (note to self – charge things the night before if you want to use them!). Hmm, so, at the 17km mark it had taken me about 1:28 I think, so, not sure about my overall time. But, who cares hey? As I felt GREAT running it, and I guess that’s the whole point anyway? It got me thinking. As much as I LOVE my Garmin (thank you Rob and Dund!!! Awesome present!) and it is a great tool for training and for speedwork and trackwork especially, I think for the Gold Coast half marathon I’m going to run it naked.
My run got me thinking about other things that make me happy. So, without further ado, and in no particular order, here is my list of small (and not so small) steps to daily happiness:
- Running, lol, who’d have guessed it?!
- Friends and family
- My husband
- Seeing my puppy run around with an inane grin on her face and tongue lolling out
- A glass or two of a good Shiraz or Sav Blanc
- Dark chocolate, the darker and bitterer (is that a word?) the better
- Nature – connecting with the grass barefoot
- Planning trips and travel adventures
- Classic (black and white) movies
- Spring flowers
- A platter or some sort of food-on-a-plate
- Walking on a beach
What would YOU add to the list???